A shareholder of Deasey, Mahoney & Valentini, Ltd., Henri Marcel’s insurance and corporate defense practice is focused on issues involving professional liability, insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, commercial automobile and transportation and premises liability matters.
Professional liability litigation is a major aspect of Henri’s practice. Over the course of the last 25+ years, he has represented a variety of engineers, architects, surgical centers, certified inspectors, insurance agents and brokers, certified public accountants, investment brokers, real estate professionals and other errors and omissions claims in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state and federal courts.
Henri also has broad experience in insurance coverage and bad faith matters, representing carrier clients at both the primary and excess levels. He has litigated numerous declaratory judgment actions involving a multitude of insurance coverage and bad faith issues.
Motor vehicle litigation represents another major area of Henri’s practice. He has litigated a broad range of motor vehicle accident claims, including those involving car, truck, motorcycle, recreational vehicle accidents, first party, uninsured and underinsured coverage, and property damage.
Before his legal career, Henri worked as a registered nurse in the neurology/neurosurgery department of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Fluent in the French and Creole languages, Henri also has a conversational knowledge of the Russian language.
- Deasey, Mahoney & Valentini, Ltd., 1998–Present
- Law Offices of John J. Gallagher, P.C. – Philadelphia, 1996–1998
- Sereni & Lunardi – Broomall, Pa., 1991–1996
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Neurology & Neurosurgery, Philadelphia – Registered Nurse, 1986–1991
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel