Andrew B. Adair is the resident partner for the Media (Delaware County) office of Deasey, Mahoney & Valentini, Ltd.
Drew brings more than twenty-five years of litigation experience representing public entities, elected officials, businesses and public and private individuals in jury trials in state and federal court, as well as before administrative agencies. In addition to his extensive trial experience, Drew has successfully argued appeals to the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Drew concentrates his practice primarily on civil rights, governmental liability, and employment discrimination. He has a wide range of experience handling civil rights litigation (First, Fourth, Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments), employment litigation (discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination claims under Title VII, ADA, FMLA and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act), labor law and unfair labor practices, municipal tort claims, land use and zoning, code enforcement, special education claims brought under the IDEA and § 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, construction litigation, professional liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist claims, general liability and workers’ compensation claims.
As a result of his extensive litigation background, governmental entities, insurance carriers and private employers frequently ask Drew to design and present training seminars which focus on employment law, civil rights, and code enforcement. He also counsels and conducts investigations for public and private employers into employee discipline, termination, harassment and discrimination.
Drew is a former law clerk for the Honorable Richard R. Cooch of the Delaware County Superior Court.
- Deasey, Mahoney & Valentini, Ltd., 2006–Present
- Holsten & Associates – Media, Pa., 1998–2006
- Zulick & Zulick – Norristown, Pa., 1995–1998
- The Honorable Richard R. Cooch, Superior Court of Delaware, Law Clerk, 1995
- Delaware County Bar Association
- DRI, Lawyer’s Professionalism & Ethics Committee and Product Liability Committee
Publications & Lectures
- August 2018 – “Search Warrants & Probable Cause Update” for Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs’ 2018 Pennsylvania Municipal Legal Update
- May 2018 – “Legal Aspects of Code Enforcement” Webinar for Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs. (Also presented in 2017, 2016 and 2015).
- April 2018 – “Probable Cause for Administrative Search Warrants: a Guide for Magisterial District Justices” for the MDJ in the 23rd Judicial District
- August 2017 – “Condemnation of Unsafe Structures” continuing education course for Pennsylvania Association of Building Code Officials
- April 2017 – “P&A Investigations of Mental Health Issues in County Jails” for Pennsylvania County Corrections Association