A founding shareholder of Deasey, Mahoney & Valentini, Ltd., Harry “Hank” Mahoney has litigated a wide variety of cases in his 47 years as an attorney.
He has handled the defense of wrongful death, quadriplegia, and other catastrophic personal injury cases. He has also tried personal injury and property cases arising from fire and arson, gas explosions, and electrical malfunctions.
Hank is now chair of the firm’s governmental liability group, which represents municipalities in civil rights litigation, state tort claims, sexual harassment, and employment discrimination cases. Following his long-standing interest in municipal law, Hank was elected in 1996 as a Commissioner in Radnor Township in Delaware County, Pa. and served four consecutive terms from 1996 to 2011. He also served as President of the Board from 2003 through 2008. His extensive experience in this field in both state and federal courts has led to frequent lectures and training sessions of municipal officers, staff, and solicitors in Section 1983 cases as well as sexual harassment and discrimination claims.
Hank also has extensive experience as a mediator, settlement master, and Judge Pro Tempore in federal and state courts. This experience has proved beneficial to clients who opt for mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
He has earned the rating of AV Preeminent, the highest possible rating in professional and ethical standards from Martindale-Hubbell.®
He is the managing shareholder of the firm.
- Deasey, Mahoney & Valentini, Ltd., 1986–Present
- Deasey, Scanlan & Bender, 1979–1986
- Silverman & Warden, Montgomery County, Pa., 1974–1979
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel
Awards and Designations
- Director, Radnor Conservancy, 2012 – 2018
- Elected to Board of Commissioners, Radnor Township, Delaware County, Pa., 1996–2011; Vice President, 2001–2003; President, 2003–2008
- Fellow of the Academy of Advocacy, 1982
- Judge Pro Tempore in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Mediator in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Selected for Law & Politics listing as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer for Civil Rights Litigation, 2004 & 2006