Christopher C. Negrete is Of Counsel with Deasey, Mahoney & Valentini, Ltd. Chris joined the firm in 2004 after having been associated with a general practice firm in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
Chris has handled numerous arbitrations and has also served as second chair on a number of bench and jury trials in Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris handled, litigated, and negotiated settlement of hundreds of commercial contract cases, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. During that time, he gained a particular expertise in litigating commercial finance leasing cases pursuant to Article 2A of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Chris also has extensive transactional and business experience. He has negotiated, drafted, and advised clients regarding a myriad of business agreements, including commercial finance lease agreements, shareholder agreements, employment agreements, LLC operating agreements, stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, and agreements for the sale of commercial and residential real estate. Chris also has significant experience handling commercial real estate transactions and land use and zoning matters.
- Deasey, Mahoney & Valentini, Ltd., 2004–Present
- Flamm, Boroff & Bacine, P.C. – Blue Bell, Pa., 2000–2003
- The Honorable Jacob P. Hart, U.S. Magistrate for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Judicial Intern, 1999–2000
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel
Awards and Designations
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society
Publications & Lectures
- The Assault and Battery Exclusion: A Survey of Its Interpretation in Key States (for RSUI), March 23, 2007
- National Survey of Courts’ Interpretations of Exclusions J(5) and J(6) (for RSUI), March 19, 2008
- Overview of Comparative Negligence and Joint and Several Liability in the United States (for RSUI), March 24, 2004
- Overview of Comparative Negligence, Joint and Several Liability and Contribution in the 50 United States (for ACE), October 12, 2005
- Overview of Comparative Negligence, Joint and Several Liability and Contribution in the 50 United States (for Admiral), January 20, 2006
- Overview of Indemnity/Hold Harmless Agreements and Additional Insured Status in Select States (for RSUI), March 24, 2005